After a successful migration of a user from Microsoft Outlook 2011 (*spit*) to Mail for Mac, the user started experiencing this error on a one particular calendar event.
“Calendar can’t save the event “event name” to the Exchange Server”
After some research, it turns out that the Calendar cache that is created by the Exchange server on the local Mac, was causing the issue, not allowing the Mac to update the Exchange server correctly.
I attempted to remove the entire Exchange account and re-add it again, but because the cache was, well, cached, it didn’t solve the issue.
So to fix it?
- Quit Mail and Calendar
- Navigate to ~/Library/Calendars
- Rename “Calendar Cache” to “Calendar Cache Old“
- Now reopen Calendar, and find that the calendar has been removed from the Exchange account setting preferences
- Simply open System Preferences, Internet Accounts, Select the Exchange account and tick the box for Calendar
- Calendar is forced to recreate the cache
- This resolved the problem perfectly
Hope it works for you too!
- MacBook Pro 8,1
- OS X Mavericks 10.9.4
- Calendar Version 7.0 (1841.1)
- Microsoft Exchange 2013 SP1
Thanks to Delcour Solutions for the help sorting this out!