var _gaq = _gaq || ;
ga.src = (‘https:’ == document.location.protocol ? ‘https://ssl’ : ‘http://www’) + ‘.google-analytics.com/ga.js’;
var s = document.getElementsByTagName(‘script’); s.parentNode.insertBefore(ga, s);
If you have recently joined the iUniverse, you will have most likely already set up your new iTunes account. Your email address, your residential address and maybe your credit card if you like, and you’re all set.
This will only allow you to peruse the South African iTunes Store, which, let’s be honest, leaves much to be desired compared the major players’ stores around the world. Which is the biggest and best? No questions, it has to be the States.
What this means for you in the SA Store, is simply that all of the applications are most likely developed by local developers, and mostly pretty cool. However, they don’t hold a candle to the sheer variety and quantity of apps available on the States’ App Store.
The good news is that most of our local developers have the foresight to place their apps on the US Store too, which means that you can dump your SA account and rely completely on your US one.
- Any applications purchased on one App Store (South Africa for example) is not upgradeable through another (US for instance).
- In the South African Store you can simply use your credit card to purchase pay-apps, but unless you have an American credit card, this will not be possible on the US Store, directly.
- You will only be able to purchase US pay-apps through iTunes vouchers, which can be readily purchased from a few websites including WildTwig with your SA Credit Card or even a PayPal account. The link below will take you to WildTwig.
- This account creation process directly conflicts the T&C’s from Apple, which states that this content is not licensed for the South African Territory.
- Note, I have personally been using my US account for a few years now, and have not, nor know of anybody that has, received any kind of issues from Apple, or problems with their US accounts. According to the agreement, Apple reserves the right to simply close your US account should they choose to do so. So don’t stress 🙂
document.write(unescape(“%3Cscript src=” + zfBaseURL
&amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;lt;a href=”http://treelined.zferral.com/l/3/19529″ title=””&amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;gt;&amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;lt;img src=”http://treelined.zferral.com/m/3″ alt=”” title=”” style=”border: none” /&amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;gt;&amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;lt;/a&amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;gt;
- Open iTunes. Scroll to the bottom and find the Country icon in the bottom right-hand corner. Select it, and change your location to the US.
- Once in the US iTunes Store, simply find any Free Application to begin the process.
- It is very important to select a free app, or else you will have to provide a US credit Card.
- Open the application, and choose to download it. It will automatically prompt you for your iTunes account details.
- Choose to create a new Apple ID. Go through the T&C’s and continue to where you start filling in your details.
- Provide email details for your new US account.
- This will be used for nothing more than account activation and to receive receipts for your purchases. So this can be a day-to-day account or even a once-off if you wish.
- Gmail tip: By placing a “dot’ anywhere in your normal Gmail address, it acts as a “different account”, and yet, will still deliver that mail to your normal Gmail inbox.
- Get to the next page, and for a payment method, select None. This will now only prompt you for your Address.
- Do a Google search, or simply head on over to FakeNameGenerator, and grab a legit American Address that you can use.
- The application will check the address, so be sure to use one from one of these sites, and don’t just make once up.
- Also, nothing will actually be done with this address, like send any receipts or anything. It is merely to ensure that the user is American.
- That’s it! The email address you used will get a verification mail, so be sure to log in and check for it.